Sunday, September 4, 2011

English 101


      Being a freshman at any college can mean many things--one of them being the gen-eds that we all have to take. This being my freshman year at Northeastern, it's very exciting for me! Would we all take these gen-eds if we didn't have to? The answer is probably not... However, when it comes to my English skills, I would like to be able to take pride in the fact that I can speak and write at a college level, so I would definitely take an English class or two even if it wasn't a requirement.

      With this class, I hope to become a better writer because I know that you have to do a lot of writing in college and it's a great skill to have and also be able to apply those skills to my Business degree. Also, no matter how much we learn in our lifetimes, we will never truly be masters of any one language! That's why I think it's very important to always continue expanding your knowledge in English, or whatever language it may be... I really do enjoy writing, but sometimes I do struggle with becoming repetitive. I would like to be able to sit down and right a paper easily without being very repetitive, because that has happened to me many times before! 

    One of my goals is to think more analytically and critically. I've always been good at comparing and contrasting things, but when it came to analyzing things....forget about it! English 101 is definitely a fair and useful requirement, and even if you don't think so, you'll probably still benefit from taking it no matter what. We all should be open minded and open to receiving new knowledge, even if we believe we're masters at something!

No comments:

Post a Comment